morenci az copper mine

Copper Mountain District (Clifton-Morenci District ...

Copper Mountain District (Clifton-Morenci District), Shannon Mts, Greenlee Co., Arizona, USA : The largest mining district in Greenlee County. It is a Cu-Mo-Zn-Pb-Ag-Au-Re mining area located in T2-4S, R29-30E. Principal mineralization is in Paleozoic limestones in contact with the main ...

Morenci Copper Mine near Clifton, Arizona. A Travelling ...

Morenci Mine near Clifton and the South Eastern boundary of Arizona has been functioning since 1870 and is controlled by Phelps Dodge Morenci the largest copper mining company in the USA. A Travelling Days Website

Housing | Morenci Town

Morenci is located in Southeastern Arizona and is home to Freeport-McMoRan's copper mining operation, the largest in North America and one of the largest copper mines in the world. The townsite of Morenci is comprised of approximately 1,600 homes as well as a business plaza, health-care complex, recreational facilities and school district.

Major Mines & Projects | Morenci Mine

The Morenci mine is a porphyry copper deposit that has oxide, secondary sulfide and primary sulfide mineralization. The predominant oxide copper mineral is chrysocolla. Chalcocite is the most important secondary copper sulfide mineral, with chalcopyrite as the dominant primary copper sulfide.

morenci arizona | eBay

FLAT OF AZURITE ROSETTES MORENCI ARIZONA MINE. Brand New. $189.99. or Best Offer. New Listing Morenci AZ Arizona RPPC Postcard Birds Eye View. $12.00. Time left 6d 9h left. 0 bids ... MORENCI AZ RPPC DETROIT COPPER MINING AND STORE PLAZA PARK BASEBALL POSTCARD . $69.99. Buy It Now. Free Shipping.

History of the Copper Mountain (Morenci) Mining ... - AZ

1 of 77 History of the Copper Mountain (Morenci) Mining District, Greenlee County, Arizona Panorama of the Morenci operation, looking northeast toward the Metcalf pit with

NORTH AMERICA | Freeport-McMoRan

FCX operates seven open-pit copper mines in North America — Morenci, Bagdad, Safford, Sierrita and Miami in Arizona, and Chino and Tyrone in New Mexico. In addition to copper, molybdenum concentrate, gold and silver are also produced by certain of FCX's North America copper mines.

Mine Tales: Town of Morenci rebuilt for mine - tucson.com

As of 2014, Morenci is the largest copper producer in North America, the world's largest producer of copper cathode from SX/EW and one of the largest open-pit mines in the world.

Morenci - Home 2 | Official Website

Morenci is located in Southeastern Arizona and is home to Freeport-McMoRan's copper mining operation, the largest in North America and one of the largest copper mines in the world. The townsite of Morenci is comprised of approximately 1,600 homes as well as a business plaza, health-care complex, recreational facilities and school district.

Morenci, AZ mining, mines, mine owners and mine statistics

Morenci, AZ mines, mine companies, mine owners and mine information. US-Mining provides information on mines, operators, and minerals mined in Morenci, AZ

Morenci Mine - Morenci, Arizona - Landmark & Historical ...

Morenci Mine, Morenci, Arizona. 288 likes · 4,280 were here. The Morenci mine is a large copper mine located in Arizona, in the southwestern part of the...

Morenci (Arizona) – Travel guide at Wikivoyage

Morenci is a copper-mining town in Eastern Arizona.. Understand []. Morenci and neighboring Clifton share a common history of copper mining, and are today commonly referred to as the Clifton-Morenci …

AZ Mine Tours | Arizona Mining

AZ Mine Tours Mine Tours. ASARCO Mineral Discovery Center The only public tour of a modern working copper mine in Southern Arizona; which features a free exhibit center, video theater, cactus garden, and The Company Store gift shop.

Morenci Mine (Morenci pit; Phelps Dodge Morenci Mine ...

Morenci Mine (Morenci pit; Phelps Dodge Morenci Mine; Morenci-Metcalf), Morenci, Copper Mountain District (Clifton-Morenci District), Shannon Mts, Greenlee Co., Arizona, USA This page is currently not sponsored.

Morenci, AZ - Morenci, Arizona Map & Directions - MapQuest

The biggest employer in Morenci (and in nearby Clifton) is Freeport-McMoRan, the owner of the Morenci Mine, the largest copper mining operation in North America, and one of the largest copper mines in the world. The town was a site of the Arizona Copper Mine Strike of 1983. The large open-pit mine is north of the town.

Morenci Mine - Revolvy

Jul 23, 2013· Morenci Mine topic. The Morenci mine is a large copper mine located in Arizona, in the southwestern part of the United States . Morenci represents one of the largest copper reserves in the United States and in the world, having estimated reserves of 3.2 billion tonnes of ore grading 0.16% copper.

Copper mining in Arizona - Wikipedia

Copper mining in Arizona, a state of the United States, has been a major industry since the 19th century. ... The Morenci mine, owned jointly by Freeport-McMoran and Sumitomo, is the largest copper producer in the state, and regularly contributes about half of Arizona's copper production.

Rich History - Visit Clifton, Arizona

The mine closed for nearly four years but resumed in 1937 to transform underground mines to an open Pit Mine. Miners dug over four year to reach the main ore body and boom years boomed again in Clifton, Arizona.

Phelps Dodge Morenci Has Converted All Copper Production ...

In early 2001, the Phelps Dodge Mining Company's Morenci, Arizona operations were completely converted from a conventional mining, milling, smelting and refining operation to a system whereby ore will be mined exclusively for leaching.

Morenci Mine, Arizona - earthobservatory.nasa.gov

Morenci Mine, Arizona ... the Morenci Open Pit Copper Mine in southeastern Arizona is the largest producer of copper in America. Operating non-stop, processing 700,000 tons of rock a day, and producing about 840 million pounds of copper a year, the mine has clearly left its …

MORENCI AZ COPPER MINE LOOKOUT - youtube.com

Jul 13, 2017· Overlook of the Morenci open pit copper mine. The largest open pit copper mine in America as far as I know. Founded and first mined in 1874. There is a second lookout point but it was closed the ...

A Comparison of the Bisbee and Morenci, Arizona, Copper ...

The state of Arizona is the biggest supplier of copper in the United States. My grandpa was employed at both the Bisbee and Morenci mines in Arizona, where he …

Freeport-McMoRan l FCX

FCX operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum.

Morenci Arizona - Western Mining History

Morenci History Note: information and data on Morenci is for the now gone settlement now known as "Old Morenci". The location and population of "New Morenci", which was built after the open-pit mine consumed the original town, are not considered in this profile.

Arizona Mine Tour - Mining History Association

Map of the Morenci and Metcalf Mining Areas, c1980, with Overlay of Old Mines and Railroads (Courtesy Phelps Dodge) Another major producer in the area, the Detroit Copper Company, was formed in the 1870's to produce ore from mines near Joy's Camp, later to become the first town of Morenci.

History of the Copper Mountain (Morenci) Mining District ...

The Copper Mountain (Morenci) mining district is located approximately 115 miles northeast of Tucson, Arizona (Figure 1). It lies along the southern boundary of the Transitional physiographic province, a rugged mountainous region that separates the …

Morenci Copper Mine, Arizona - Mining Technology

The Detroit Copper Company started mining at Morenci, 16km south of Silver City, Arizona, in 1872. Copper Queen Consolidated Mining bought the property in 1885, with the company name changed to Phelps Dodge in 1917.

Morenci, Arizona - Wikipedia

Morenci is a census-designated place (CDP) and company town in Greenlee County, Arizona, United States, and was founded by the Detroit Copper Mining Company of Arizona. The population was 1,879 at the 2000 census and 1,489 at the 2010 census . [3]